The state of education in India is dire, with millions of children deprived of quality education. Despite significant progress in enrollment, the quality of education remains a challenge. India's education system is plagued with low learning outcomes, lack of trained teachers, inadequate infrastructure, and poor governance. We believe that the best way to solve these challenges is by creating a pool of leaders like you who are committed to transforming education in India.
Bhumi Fellowship is a 2-year paid, transformative program to help you become the next leader in education. Through our fellowship program, we provide young leaders like you with hands-on training and on-the-job experience in teaching and transforming schools in India.
Achieving equitable education for all children through systemic change
To create a cadre of changemakers who transform schools in the short term and lead the next education movement in the long term.
Bhumi Fellowship is an initiative of Bhumi, India’s largest youth volunteering organization. At Bhumi, we have been transforming schools in India for over 10+ years. Our expertise in school transformation has helped us create a curriculum that combines the best practices in pedagogy, technology, and community engagement. We have a team of experienced educators, mentors, and leaders who work closely with our fellows to ensure they get the best training and experience.
● Gather In-depth understanding of the education ecosystem in India by working closely with government teachers and school leaders
● Understand child development, pedagogical practices/teaching methodologies and classroom management
● Receive hands-on training and on-the-job experience in teaching children in schools
● Lead self and others with intention and action to empower them and build more leaders
● Build essential skills such as project management, collaboration, problem-solving, and systems thinking.
● Earn a competitive stipend of Rs 30,000 per month during the 2 year fellowship
● Work with grassroots organizations, policymakers, or corporate social responsibility initiatives
● Work with Bhumi full-time
● Pursue higher education in areas like Public Policy and Education
● Be a Changemaker transforming India!
Our alumni have been placed in prestigious organizations such as Pratham, Schools of Equality, Bhumi, SPI Edge, Kraftshala, and others. They have become changemakers in their own right and are transforming India, one step at a time.
● A youth champion between 20-30 years
● Having a degree in Social Work, Sociology, English Lit, B.E.d., Psychology, Law, B.E., or B.Tech
● Aligned with Teaching, EdTech, or Systemic Transformation (even better if you work with the government!
● Have prior experience in event organizing, club leading, team managing, or student union-ing
● Based in Chennai or Ready to move to Chennai